I read blogs every week. Some make me laugh out loud, and some make me cry. Some inspire me and make me really look at myself, or challenge me and make me want to live differently. Others make me cringe and go “Wow, I can’t believe she typed that!” ;o)
So today, I give you…(drumroll please)….my blog roll! To the right of my posts, you will now find a list of people who make me laugh, or cry, or think. Sometimes more than one or a combination of all three.
Please feel free to visit these blogs and check them out. You may find one you love. You may one that offends you. You may find one that inspires you. We may not like all the same things. And that’s all okay.
Because if there is anything I have learned from this incredible blogging community, it is that we all have a story to share. We all have our own viewpoints and opinions and experiences. We all have more in common than we ever thought possible, yet we are all very unique individuals.
So check ’em out, and then come back and let me know what you think.
My Favorite Blogs:
1. Left of Plumb: I adore Irene! She is funny, she is cool, and I love her outlook. She hooked me with the first post I read on her blog, Scenes from a Coffice. I am all about a cool soundtrack! Check our her About Me page, which she requests that you mentally read in the voice of Morgan Freeman. How freakin’ cool is that?
2. The Little Big Blog: If I get to live another life after this one, I want to be as organized as Carrie Anne! She has the most interesting blog. Her recipes are easy (and delicious!) I absolutely LOVE her photography. She has an incredible eye for finding beauty in the everyday around us. In both her photos and her blog stories. She rocks.
3. Robin’s Chicks: LOVE. THIS. BLOG. She is funny. She is realistic. She is down-to-earth. She is Southern. Need I say more? I would love to take this girl out to lunch. Weekly.
4. The Unconventional Doctor’s Wife: Amber is one of the nicest people I have encountered in blogdom. She is funny, open, generous, inspiring, and real. So real that sometimes I can’t believe she posted it, but I can ALWAYS relate to it! And she is creative and talented as well—check out her leather cuffs!
5. Suburban Jungle: Jenny from the Blog is the first blog that ever made me laugh out loud to the point of tears while I read it. Because of her, I know that I am not the only neurotic over-worrying mom out there. And I love her passion for the 80s! She even has her own talk show now!
6. The Extraordinary Ordinary: Wow. Just wow. Heather really makes me think. She makes me smile. And she sometimes makes me cry. Her courage in putting herself out there is so inspiring. She let me know that I am not alone in my beliefs, and I don’t have the words to tell her how much that meant. Although I did try. ;o)
7. Jamie, the Very Worst Missionary: Boy, do I admire her. And man, do I agree with her on so many points. I wish I lived closer so I could worship with her and talk with her and be more like her. She inspires me to stand up and speak. And to act. She gives me hope.
8. People I Want to Punch in the Throat: Freakin’ hilarious. You have things you have always wanted to say, but she says them. To the World. She is outspoken and honest, and really, really funny. And because of her I attended my very first Twitter party, where I again felt like the new kid in a room full of strangers, but she was welcoming and as nice as can be.
9. The Bloggess: She is like the blogger of all bloggers. Someone described her as our mother ship (I think it was Irene). I think you are required to have her on your blog roll in order to be a legitimate blog. ;o) She was the first blog I started reading. She is funny, quirky, raunchy, and famous. But still open and vulnerable and willing to share. I am in awe of what she has accomplished and how many people hang on her every word.
So there you have it! Nine more time suckers for you to get lost in on the internet! And just when you thought you may have time to clean your house or organize your closet. Naaaaaaaah. Read a blog instead.
Let me know if you like any of these, and recommend any favorites you have for me to check out!